Tony Badcott worked for Careers South West (CSW) for over six years as a Connexions Personal Advisor. This involved working with young people aged 14-19 providing careers information, advice and guidance. Locations included a public centre in Exeter, Uffculme School, Cullompton Community College, and Tiverton High School as well as Petroc College in Tiverton (formerly East Devon College).
Tony established Careers Plus as a result of the Government axing of Connexions services in 2012. Careers guidance and work experience services are no longer delivered through government funded providers, and schools are now free to purchase careers services from independent providers in the market place. Careers Plus provides careers guidance and work experience checking services for schools, and careers advice for individuals and families in the Exeter, East and Mid Devon areas.
Tony is a member of the Institute of Career Guidance and has a careers guidance qualification.
Tony has an Enhanced CRB Disclosure dated 15 March 2012 through Devon County Council. The disclosure number is: 001357118090.
Previous to working for Careers South West he undertook a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) attaining qualified teacher status (QTS), and holds a community work diploma, youth work qualification and a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (July 2012). Tony has over twenty years’ experience of working with young people.
Principles and Values of Careers Plus
The Principles/values by which Careers Plus will adhere to include:
- Honesty – Careers Plus will deliver what is agreed with the customer at the price stated with no hidden charges
- Ethical – Careers Plus will at all times adhere to the highest standards of practice according to the Institute of Careers Guidance Code of Ethical Principles, and will at all times comply with the provision of services under the Sale of Goods Act and the Equality Act
- Equality – Careers Plus services will be accessible to all members of the community and will strive to cater for specific needs as appropriate e.g. use of RNIB font and minimum lettering size on publications etc.
- Integrity – Careers Plus will uphold the right of all customers to cancel services within 7 days should the customer change their mind
- Excellence – Careers Plus will ensure the highest standards of customer service ensuring that each individual receives a service unique to their needs and respectful of individual cultural and religious beliefs
- Independent and Impartial – Careers Plus will provide objective careers information, advice and guidance at all times